Fields of Interest - Jules

My practice is focused on creating sonic structures for small laptop ensembles and solo performance that blend composed and improvised elements.

In performance I work with modular electronics and adaptable interfaces like monome & graphics tablets controlling MaxMSP sampling processes.

I'm trying to balance spontaneity of action with repeatable form and as my structures at the moment provide very loose instructions to performers, one area of research I'd hope to develop / co-opt during the workshop would be workable methods of notating and directing more specific electronic gestures.

Here's a few solo performances:


jr.mnm.fos210109 from pixelmechanic on Vimeo




More information and some fun downloads can be found at:
http://www.pixelmechanics.com

Comments